You will need:
- Iron on Interfacing
- A shirt, dress, or skirt ready for a style update
- Fabric marker
- Thread, sewing machine
1. Cut a piece of iron on interfacing the same width and length as your zipper.
2. Turn your shirt so that it is right side out. Find the mid point of the back of your shirt. Draw a line as long as your zipper down the center of your shirt. Iron the interfacing centered on that line. Remember you should be doing this on the right side of your shirt!
3. Sew 1/4 away on both sides of the center line. When you reach the bottom of your line, pivot and turn then sew 1/4 an inch and pivot and turn and sew
4. With scissors, Slash down the center line. Iron the raw edges over to the right side of your shirt. Pin and sew in place.
5. Pin the zipper on your shirt so that the zipper teeth lines up with the with the slash. It should look like this:
6. With your shirt on the right side. You will sew two lines around your zipper. The first should be 1/4 away from the zipper edge. The second should be as close to the zipper teeth as you can.
You're DONE! The right side of the back of your shirt will look like this:
While the inside of your shirt should look like this: