Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween.

I'm still alive.. but ever so busy.  Sadly, I've had to put sewing on the back burner, with the exception of Halloween.  Here are all the juicy details of our costumes.. 

Last minute, I scraped Baby Wills' dragon costume and threw together this lil' owl.   The pipe cleaner glasses make the costume.


.




Little Rapunzel. The dress I made a month before Halloween, so she could not wait to wear it.  Total cost to make  the dress  was $14.  I can't lie, with all that tulle (10 yards) makes me want to try it on myself. ; ) The perfectly matching braid was my greatest find.  After countless hours searching online, five visits to wig shops, and a failed yarn wig later, I found this perfectly matching braid that reached her toes for just $4.99.  It was perfection.  



This little Knight, was store bought. Making costumes is some times WAY overrated; wouldn't you agree? 







Hope your Halloween was just as magical.

Loves,
Amber

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, they are all so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just updated myself on your blog. WOW! You have some fabulous creations. Beautiful job my dear! It is fun to see how your brain thinks :). Love you! Love, Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! 10 yards, holy cow! That braid was an amazing find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amber,

    I nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award. You can see the post here:
    http://www.chickadeejess.com/2012/12/liebster-blog-award.html#.UN3Yh-Q71dg

    Jessica Lemley-Carballo (aka Chickadee Jess)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making costumes & think that little own is adorable & yes, the glasses with the feathers make it even more darling! http://xoxograndma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love & comment! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...